Thursday, March 15, 2007

Not the Head of NASA yet....

Remember I ordered that SpaceStation Simulation game a few weeks ago? If not, I did.

Anyway, I finally got around to installing it on one of our gaming computers last night. I started by playing the Tutorial so when I played for real, I would know what I was doing. My astronauts abandoned my practice space station!! That did not bode well for my self-esteem with this game... but I'm now building a "real" space station, and I've already kept my astronauts happier and healthier than I did in practice, so we'll see how long I can keep this up. I think part of the reason that I failed during practice is because I wouldn't let my astronauts fall in love. The guy astronaut was from Russia and my female astronaut was American. I didn't think that public opinion would approve of space love, therefore denying my space agency money with which to continue building my space station. But by keeping them apart, they left.

I'm sure my practice astronauts are now eloping in Vegas. Mr. and Mrs. Dropov.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Space Love is a good thing. You should let your characters experiment with having, uh, relations, in space, for the good of science.

Try again and name your character Barbarella. :)