Tuesday, September 08, 2009
I've kind of informed Facebook of the issue, except that they don't have anyway for me to actually tell them my particular issue! I've informed them that I can't receive my e-mail that sends me my password reset code. We'll see.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
After Becca was asleep, I took a close look at the desk. I can't say that I ever remember my grandmother sitting at it or using it, but I'm sure it was used. It's got marks where she used to lay her arms along the front edge, just like she would lean against the counter or on the table while playing cards. I looked through the little cabinets on the left side, the drawers on the right. In the bottom filing drawer are some of grandma's hanging files. They are all empty, but one of them has her writing on it. I smiled to see her writing, it's so distinctive. And then I touched it. Like it connects me to her once more. Isn't it funny when we see a picture of a lost loved one, or find something they've written, and we have to touch it.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
1) My family. I absolutely LOVE my husband and daughter. Spending time with them makes my day. My husband is funny, sweet and smart. My daughter is funny, sweet and smart (Hmm, how did that happen?!). I also love the rest of my family (parents, siblings and extended family). My family is funny, and fun to be around.
2) I love singing. I sing ALL the time. I sing in the shower, in the car, at home while doing chores, etc. And karaoke... I lurve karaoke. Becca loves to hear me sing, Ben could probably live the rest of his life without me ever singing again.
3) I love late fall/early winter. I like the cool weather, the leaves turning, the sweaters, the first snowfall. It also means that Thanksgiving and Christmas (and now Becca's birthday) are around the corner.
4) I love traveling. I like flying, especially to someplace I've never been before. I like trying new restaurants, new foods, new experiences. I like getting to see the touristy landmarks. Cruising is the best way to travel. You typically get to visit quite a few different places, but your room never changes. It's great.
5) I really like driving cars/vehicles that aren't mine. Not that I steal cars, but I like it when other people let me drive their car. I don't know why, I guess it goes back to me trying new things.
Becca's waking from her nap, so gotta go. Hope you enjoyed learning more about me!
Monday, March 02, 2009
Because I am a very curious person, I of course turned to the internet (primarily howstuffworks.com and youtube.com) for more information on this surgery.
Here's a very informative video I found on Youtube. Be forewarned, it is a little graphic, and may not be suitable for all persons (Jessica, I'm talking to you!):
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
This is a whole new world for you, one that I don’t know. The world I grew up in was changed today with the inauguration of President Barack Obama. The world that I grew up in was one that was supposed to be fair, but wasn’t always. And some people used that fact as an excuse to not live up to their highest potential. Now they have no excuse. An African-American has now been elected to the highest office in the
I’m hopeful that your new world will be fairer and more successful than my world. The vote was first given to African-Americans many years ago, followed soon after by giving the vote to women. Maybe your world will include not only an African-American president, but also a female president. It could be you. Not that I expect that from you, but it’s a possibility in this new world that you’re going to grow up in.
Of course, I just want you to be happy. I hope this new world will allow you to be happy.
I love you,
Monday, January 19, 2009
The job could be temporary, since his practice may grow and he may need someone full time, which I am not willing to do. And he knows this. We have an agreement/understanding.
My new boss, Brian, seems very laid back and flexible. He's got a good sense of humor; I think it will be a lot of fun to work with him.
Becca will be staying with my mom while I work. Mom is so excited to have her. It's also really nice for me, since I know Becca will be taken care of very well.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
2. Your significant other? Ben
3. Your hair? braid
4. Your mother? Gramma
5. Your father? Flash
6. Your favorite thing? Becca
7. Your dream last night? Forgot
8. Your favorite drink? Chocolate
9. Your dream/goal? Happiness
10. The room you're in? Living
11. Your fear? Losing
12. Your rainy day activity? Reading
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. What you're not? Well-rested
15. Muffins? Pumpkin
16. One of your wish list items? Cruise
17. Where you grew up? Midwest
18. The last thing you did? Pacified
19. What are you wearing? Robe
20. Your TV? Big
21. Your pet(s)? Kitty
22. Your computer? Laptop
23. Your Life? Family
24. Your mood? Tired
25. Missing someone? Yes
26. Your car? Civic
27. Something you're not wearing? Makeup
28. Favorite Store? Ebay
29. Your summer? Swimming
30. Favorite color? Blue
31. When is the last time you laughed? Morning
32. Last time you cried? First
33. Who will/would re-post this? Jessi
(You've been tagged with a Meme. Go post this on your blog ASAP!)
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
My head feels like it's about to explode. Every time I blow my nose, I think, "There's no way there's any more stuff up there." Sure enough, five minutes later, I am grabbing for another 6 tissues. Grrrrr.
This too shall pass.