Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Kidney stuff

So I had a renal ultrasound today. The tech said that both kidneys look good and healthy. She added her little fine print, "Of course it's all going to true and final after the doc looks at it." I'm cool with taking her word for it, because I'm sure that she's done a ton of renal ultrasounds, so she's probably familiar with what is healthy and what is not.

I think that the surgery is going to be in early to mid Feb. Which isn't all that far off, but it all doesn't seem quite real yet. I know in my head that it's going to happen, but it's just too far distant a concept for me to really believe it. I know that my aunt is still not quite banking on this yet. I think she's afraid to get her hopes up. But I know this is going to go through. I just hope and pray that my kidney takes and that her body doesn't reject it. I think that all this will feel more real once I get to Boston.

Please keep my aunt and me in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: