Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sick and Tired of....

being Sick and Tired.

I have a theory. According to mom, I've never had a fever. Never. The only times I can remember having a temperature over 98 degrees is after my two surgeries. Apparently when I'm in a buttload of pain, I get a fever. Not when I'm sick. I had the flu a couple of years ago and the doctor was flaberghasted because I had no fever, but all the other symptoms of flu.

On to the theory. When I get sick, I get really, really tired a day or two before. And I stay tired until I am over the illness. So the theory goes that my body is different from other people. Others get fevers to fight infection, I must sleep through infection.

I was sick over the weekend, and yesterday I came home from work a litte early so I could get some more sleep (hint, hint). I woke up with the sniffles. As of last night at bedtime, I almost had a full blown cold. Sniffles, coughs, sore throat, etc. I'm still exhausted despite the fact that I left work early by three hours today, just slept for at least three hours, and I'm still tired! WTF?! I just got over a stomach bug, and now I've got a cold? This sucks.

No comments: