Thursday, January 11, 2007

Almost Lost It Today

Got home from work and I see that the voicemail light is flashing on our phone (which means we now have phone service!! Thank God!). So I listen to the voicemail and about threw the phone across the room halfway through the message. It was my old landlady leaving a message saying that she didn't think that my cleaning lady shampooed the carpets. I thought for sure that this meant she was going to try and screw us out of our deposit.

I took a deep breath, relaxed my shoulders and dialed the phone. Luckily, she believed me when I told her that my cleaning did in fact shampoo the carpets; I saw her unload the machine from her van early in the morning then saw her wet socks later that day. She had taken her shoes off to keep from dirtying the freshly shampooed carpet.

So, it looks like we'll be getting our deposit back, which is nice, because it means we aren't losing any money. It cost money to have someone clean the house, but I sure didn't have the time to do everything that was on the list of requirements to get our deposit back. And Ben mentioned something else we spent money on for that house, but his thought escapes me at the moment, but I remember the jist of the conversation being that getting our deposit back would mean we'd break even on the house.

I thought about doing a Wordless Wednesday blog yesterday, but that would have meant trying to find our digital camera, and I just didn't have energy or drive to do that, it'll have to wait until next Wednesday. Hopefully, we'll have found it by then.

No comments: