Saturday, December 16, 2006

Packing It In (Up) Whatever....

We close on our new house in just a few days. Guess how much packing we've done. Seriously. None. Nothing is packed up. We keep talking about how we need to get started and blah, blah, blah, but we've packed nada.

This ought to make for an interesting move, right?

I think that we might just be a little scared of jinxing the whole process by starting to pack before we close.

Oh Yeah.... our damn HDTivo keeps locking up. It's truly pissing me off. What if it locks up while recording one of our shows? Thank goodness we have a second Tivo (non-HD) on which we record many of the same things for just this reason. We found early on that HD recordings look really good, but they don't always record perfectly (occassional sound and picture glitches). To protect our religious watchings of certain TV shows, we set both Tivos to record many of the same shows just in case one locks up, loses HD signal, etc. It's sick how much TV we record and watch. No wonder we're both out of shape.

2 comments:

Martha said...

I will admit, the whole moving within the same city packing thing is a little odd. It's not like you have to securely package and wrap everything for a cross-country move, but you have to at least throw things in a few boxes to get it across town. When I move dressers and things of that nature (drawered items), I just pull the drawers out and then replace them at the new location. Much easier!

Congrats on the house, welcome to the Hood (officially in one day).

Morganarama said...

Oh no, my HDTivo keeps locking up. My wallet's too small for my fifties, and my diamond shoes are too tight!

;)