Tuesday, August 05, 2008

25th week

I am sorry that it's been so long since I've posted, but life has been insane at work (camp, training on a new mission scenario, training new staff, etc.) so that means I come home at night and basically drop. I still fall asleep after work a couple times a week, but it's not as bad as it was.

No new picture tonight, Ben is out bowling and I'll be asleep by the time he gets home. I will try and post a new pic by the end of the week, though.

I do have a new update on pregnancy stuff, though. I have been experiencing Braxton-Hicks contractions periodically. Braxton-Hicks are contractions that go throughout a woman's pregnancy prepping her muscles for birth. The contractions don't hurt, it just gets kinda tight in my lower abdomen area. I tend to get them when I push myself too hard, so I've been trying to take it easy and that seems to help.

Baby Girl B. is kicking and punching much more regularly now. Anytime I'm seated or laying down for a few minutes or more, she begins her routine. *Punch Mommy here, kick Mommy there, another kick here for good measure...*

It's only going to be a couple more weeks before other people will be able to feel the movements. My doc says it'll happen around 30 weeks, but these kicks and movements are getting strong enough that if I watch my belly for a while, I can see them happening. So, I think Ben will be feeling her move very soon. Most nights, I keep taking his hand and putting it on my belly to see if he feels anything, but he never does. It amazes me cuz it feels like his daughter is just tearing it up in there. Like the ultrasound tech said, she's either going to be a volleyball player (because of her height and constant motion) or a soccer player.

No comments: