Saturday, February 11, 2006

Plans

While I'm home recovering from the surgery, I hope to get a lot of things done. Some of these are jobs around the house, and others are related to finding a full time job WITH BENEFITS for next year.

-get desk organized
-go through old bills and mail
-put together resume packets for sending out
-knit scarves
-learn to knit simple hats

Getting my desk organized will hopefully not take long. Going through old bills and mail could take years.

The resume packets are a lot of work. I swear, schools now want to know SO much about the people who are applying. First off, they ask for a cover letter, resume, letters of recommendation, transcripts, your shoe size, etc. It's such a pain. And not every district wants all the same stuff. Some districts ask for a copy of your teaching certifcation, some ask for your scores on the certification test. some require original transcripts, most are OK with a copy during the application process.

I have gotten a lot of compliments on the scarf that I most recently completed, so I've started new ones using the same yarn (Chenille). I'm hoping to maybe sell them to friends and family who might like the colors, designs, and/or feel. I love mine, it's SUPER warm.

Finally, I want to learn to knit a hat (to go with the scarf from above). I have some left over yarn and I don't want to waste it. There's not enough for another scarf, but there might be enough for a hat. I bought some double pointed needles, cuz I know you need those to make a hat. I've had one offer from a friendon how to knit a hat... I just hope it's simple knitting, I have no interest in purling or sewing it together or anything like that.

1 comment:

Bob Williams said...

And maybe help Bob with his house.