Thursday, July 03, 2008

It's a GIRL!!

Or at least so says our ultrasound tech. We had our ultrasound on Monday, and the tech said the baby that I'm carrying is a girl. Yay! I would have happy either way, of course. And the best news from the ultrasound is that she's healthy. All her organs are there and appear to be developing normally. Phew.

Although the tech did give us some interesting news that I wasn't necessarily expecting... we're going to have a very long baby. And she's bigger than other babies at the same stage of development. By about 30%! She didn't give us a length measurement, but did say she's taller than other babies at 20 weeks of development. She did give us a weight estimate, though. She said that the baby is about 12 ounces. Other babies at this same point in development are about 9 ounces.

Now, I should say, I'm not surprised that I'm going to have a big baby. Hello! I'm not small and neither is Ben. I just was surprised that the tech could predict those things this early!

During the actual ultrasound, I got glimpses of what she looks like, and she reminds me of her cousin Madison. I think that she's going to look a lot like Ben's side of the family, which is not bad. His family is good looking! And all of our nieces and nephews are cute, so I'm not at all upset that our baby will be following that trend! I am slightly biased, though.

1 comment:

Shennie said...

So, she's going to be tall like me!!!