Sunday, September 30, 2007

Kids Who Don't Know Adult Stuff Are Hilarious!

Ben and I were at my nephew's 10th birthday party tonight along with many of my sister-in-law's sisters and their kids, who are all about Brad's age. Later in the evening, my sister-in-law turns on "Desperate Housewives." No big deal, right? WRONG. And of course, wrongness led to hilarity.

I turn around in time to see Nathan Fillion walk into an exam room with Terri Hatcher. Turns out, he's her new neighbor who is also now her new "princess doctor" (as Morgan calls them). He tells her to put her feet up into the stirrups.

Oh yeah, here's the important part. My nephew's 8 or 9 year-old cousin, Emily, is in the living room while this scene is playing on the television.

"What's wrong with her feet?" asks the innocent little one.

Yup, sweet little 8/9 year-old thinks that there is something wrong with the woman's feet. This girl knows not the loveliness that is the "princess doctor."

I swear, all of us women in the room laughed a good five minutes on that line. We couldn't stop laughing long enough to explain why there was nothing wrong with her feet. God, I hope her mother explains it to her later.

1 comment:

Morganarama said...

Dude! Do NOT explain the princess doctor to the 8-year-old! Don't give her nightmares about spelunking for coochie cancer!

Just tell her that you don't know what's wrong with the lady's feet. That's why she went to the doctor.