Friday, July 13, 2007

Remember When?

Remember last year when I went to CLC National Conference in Houston? Do you recall how geeked out I reported being EVERY SINGLE DAY that I was there?

Well, my friends, Space Camp has now topped Houston. It has been a truly amazing week. I've ridden the 1/6th gravity chair, the multiple axis trainer, and talked with Apollo and shuttle era astronauts and rocket scientists from Apollo and Ares development. I'm seriously in geek heaven.

I will be posting pictures when I get home and can utilize my cool memory stick port on my laptop (which I did not bring with me... darnit).

I know this is a short post, but I have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow for our water training. This will involve being attached to a "parachute" trainer that simulates a water dump from a shuttle launch. We also will be going through a helicopter dump. In this simulation, we will be in a "helicopter" that is going down in water and we have to swim out and away from the helicopter. I'm terrified. But excited at the same time.

Also, I am seriously contemplating a career change now. I'm looking into the possibility of this and if it is a viable change, I'll let you know. But for now, I'm keeping it between my husband and me. Hint: It does not involve me becoming an astronaut.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Remember when you used to blog????