Tuesday, August 10, 2010

When it Rains...

Life has been nuts-ish the past few weeks! Firstly, I hosted a baby shower for my sister and brother-in-law. It was a smashing success, although hotter than Hades in my house. I loved doing that for them, it really was fun to have a party for my newest little niece/nephew (we didn't know baby's gender until recently).

Then Becca and I got sick. We had an upper respiratory infection that had us down with sore throats and coughing. No fun.

Then my sister had her baby 4 weeks early. Luckily, both are very healthy and happy now. Jess got eclamptic (high blood pressure which can bring on a multitude of very serious health effects, so baby needed to be delivered quickly). Little Ryan (born two weeks ago, 6 lbs 9 oz, which is little for us McCarthy girls!) is growing very well.

Then my mom was admitted to the hospital with a large abdominal hematoma. She's doing fine now, but she was in a lot of pain last week! Apparently she tore something from all of HER coughing. But she should be all healed up soon.

And now my best friend from college is going through some stuff. I'm going to whatever it takes to get her through this time. I owe her big time. She saw me through bad break ups, tough finals weeks and whatnot while we got our edumacations. :) She and I really bring out the best in each other, and I'm hoping I can bring out her best as she deals and heals.

So here's to hoping no more big dramas, etc for a while. OK? Thanks.

No comments: